A Shop That Cares About the Process, the Coffee, and Your Experience
Quay (pronounced 'key') Coffee is a destination for excellent coffee. Quay is not just another coffee shop; they care about the beans, the farmers, the process and the customer. Their passion for quality lends them the patience to do things right and you can taste it in every delightful drink they serve.
Quay Coffee starts with Oddly Correct beans: that funky little shop in Midtown that is changing the way people view coffee beans (think direct trade, better wages and personal relationships). Quay takes what Oddly Correct does so well and lets it speak for itself. The menu is simple. It features your typical mochas, lattes, iced and hot coffee and tea, in small sizes and with limited flavors (just two – chocolate and vanilla).
In addition to the Oddly Correct beans, the owners, Cory Stipp and Tanner Stevens, partner with small coffee bean farms to feature unique, flavorful beans, from different regions in the shop. They have also partnered with Soho Bakery to bring us the finest in baked goodies (save room, you won’t be disappointed).
Treat yo-self and indulge in some Quay Coffee. They put the focus on the coffee and its natural complexities, delivering the simplicity of a perfect cup of coffee – you’re gonna love it.
Here’s the breakdown:
- River Market
Best time of day to visit:
- This place is always hopping, so whatever works best for you. Mon-Sat they’re open from 6:30am to 8pm. Sundays they're open from 7am to 4pm.
- Coffee: Quay uses a traditional pour-over method that honors the coffee beans and lets their flavor shine through
- 8 oz. latte with soy milk: I’m a sucker for a good vegan latte and this is by far the best soy latte I’ve ever had. The sweetness of the soy milk makes it a perfect treat.
- Gibraltar: Not on the menu, but ask for it. Somewhere between a macchiato and a cappucino, this miniature drink will get you kickin' in no time.
- Hugo Tea: Another local favorite – Hugo Tea makes inspirational teas, including my favorite – Blueberry Rooibos.
- Laid-back hipster with a friendly staff in a modern, rustic and comfortable setting
- The owners are great guys and rest of the staff is super classy. After getting to know Cory and Tanner (and the rest of the crew), I can attest they are knowledgeable, chill and ready to answer your questions. They treat everyone with respect and will greet you with a smile.
- It’s a great place to work, read or daydream. It's also a great place to meet old friends and new: it's like a bar, only they serve coffee rather than booze.
Watch out for:
- This place is popular. If you come during a peak time (like a Saturday afternoon) you may have a hard time finding a place to sit.
- While the SoHo baked goods are terrific, they don’t have any food beyond the sweets, so don’t come on an empty stomach.
- Go when you have a few minutes to enjoy the place.
- Beyond the baked goods, they have some of the best chocolate in the world (not even kidding), try a square of the wonderful Askinosie chocolate.
Go there now: Quay Coffee 412 Delaware St., Ste B Kansas City, MO 64105 816.471.7277 http://quaycoffee.com/