It’s been a great year and I’m thankful to have you as part of my journey. Let's take a quick look back.
Here are the highlights of my 2016:
- Brought my blog back: I’m so proud to be writing again and thankful for the connections it’s provided me. I published 34 posts and had thousands of readers.
- #DK200: I conquered the challenge that is Dirty Kanza 200. As part of that I had to develop a champion mindset, listen to my body, and push myself beyond my physical and mental limits. I couldn’t have done it without the support of my family and will forever cherish being a finisher.
- Celebrated with Nick: He completed a 50k, had a great year at work and was an amazing and supportive partner.
- Traveled to Italy: Nick and I traveled to Italy for 2 weeks and it was the experience of a lifetime, opening me up to new ways of living and reminding me to focus on what’s really important.
- Cherished what I love: I spent time with my family and best friends, celebrated my niece's 1st birthday and my nephew's 3rd, read more books than I can count, spent countless hours biking, hiking and enjoying the outdoors, and filled 2 journals with my life story. We also moved my grandparents, Carl and Olga (and their 2 kitties), from AZ to KC which means I get to see them exponentially more often.
- Honored lost loved ones: We celebrated the life of my charming and fun Uncle Randy who lost his battle with cancer. Nick’s sweet and sassy Grandma Grace passed away as did his Grandpa Ed, a real man who created a beautiful family and will leave a lasting legacy.
- Became a Big Couple: In October, Nick and I were matched with Damarion, a fun, smart and curious 8-year old. He is a joy to have in our lives.
- Supported causes I care about: I became the Chair of the Legal Aid of Western Missouri's Young Professional Board and was also elected to their Board of Trustees. Nick and I also served on the Midwest Innocence Project's NextGen Advisory Board.
The Best Posts from 2016
To wrap up the year, here are a few of my favorite posts from 2016:
- The Ultimate List: KC’s Best Neighborhood Joints
- Read This: The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up
- The Best Day Trips from Kansas City
- The 5 Best Places to Hike in Kansas City
- Life Lessons Learned from 9 Years of Marriage
- “There is Always Hope, This is America”
- Give Thanks This Week, and Always
- Create a Pace of Grace in Your Life
Thank you for reading and I look forward to connecting in 2017.
Sign Up for the Blog
And if you’re not signed up for the blog, did you know you can sign up to have new posts sent directly to your inbox? It’s easy - just follow this link.